In the words of Aloe Blacc – ‘I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need. Hey hey’. It’s super fun all this photo snapping but we gots to pay the bills. You feel me? I know you do.
Wedding photography is a unique blend of art and business. You need skills in both to really kick butt.
- Social. Bloody. Media. We love it. We hate it. It’s the best friend you never wanted. How to master it and how mastering it now won’t matter tomorrow.
- Eric Ronald
- Katie Harmsworth
Light & Portraiture
Light & Portraiture
Light is a beast that must be tamed. Learn how to make friends with it, and every lighting condition that may get thrown your way so you can make beautiful photographs, no matter what!
We can’t ONLY geek out on light though can we? Any photographer that works with people need to work with light AND the subject to make pretty pictures. Learn how to dance this dance by interacting/posting/directing the couple to make them feel comfortable, capture honest emotive expressions.
- Old school art theory & cinematography lighting principles
- Interacting, posing and directing couples
- Live shoot with couple
Storytelling has become a marketing buzz-word. When you buy a can of Coke these days you’re buying a story. Forget what you know. This is different.
Whether you like it or not, if you’re photographing a wedding you’re photographing a story. If you’re just focused on taking a bunch of pretty pictures of the bride and groom, sorry, but you’re doing it wrong. What we’re tackling in this class is how to properly build an emotional and captivating story using a full arsenal of tools and ideas.
- Before you can talk, you listen. (Understanding that you already know the language, you just didn’t know it)
- Ok so you can walk the walk, but can you talk the talk? (How telling a story starts in camera, on the day) lens choice, establishing shots, cutaways, lighting, dynamics
- Telling a story in a single image
- The cutting room floor (artistically selecting the images for your masterpiece)
- The premier (the power of slideshows)
- The directors cut (the art of the blog post)
- Special edition (where our stories belong – the album) Renee Blake
Workflow & Editing
Workflow & Editing
We’re excited to share with you Eric’s Kickass Workflow™ which is something that he has developed from over 5+ years of photographing hundreds of weddings. Eric’s forged this method from having the need to maximise efficiency when it comes to creating blog posts, submissions, albums and slideshows as well as integrating his more advanced retouching and creative techniques in Photoshop into each client gallery. .
- Take your editing in LR to the next level.
- Do special edits in PS and plugins that will blow your clients socks off.
- Seamlessly match the style of your special edits with the full image collection.
- Properly integrate special edits from photoshop into the full image collection.
- In one foul swoop prepare your images for slideshows, client galleries, submissions, blog posts. You will save hours, if not days! You must see to believe.
- How to create mind blowing slideshows in just a couple of minutes without having to relinquish creative control (like you do with the crappy slideshow apps made in someone’s basement)
- Smash then online client gallery game. Use them the right way and sell a few prints along the way.
- Quickly create a blog post using the right tools.
- Special guest Chris Garbacz from Studio Ninja demonstrates this powerful yet simple to use studio management software and shares a few tips and tricks to impress your clients, maximise profit and increase your income.
We were hoping you’d ask this! We want this to be an ongoing opportunity for learning, so we want to make it easy to come to as many classes as you want! There will be ongoing sales, but for those who like to plan their curriculum in advance you can get our BENTO BOX. This includes 4 classes in a tidy sectioned tray for the price of 3.
Simply choose 4 of the classes you want, and proceed to checkout to get the deal going!
All you have to do, click on the link below, give us your details and we’ll hook you up with a sweet $50 deal!