In the words of Aloe Blacc – ‘I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need. Hey hey’. It’s super fun all this photo snapping but we gots to pay the bills. You feel me? I know you do.
Wedding photography is a unique blend of art and business. You need skills in both to really kick butt.
- Social. Bloody. Media. We love it. We hate it. It’s the best friend you never wanted. How to master it and how mastering it now won’t matter tomorrow.
- Eric Ronald
- Katie Harmsworth
Storytelling has become a marketing buzz-word. When you buy a can of Coke these days you’re buying a story. Forget what you know. This is different.
Whether you like it or not, if you’re photographing a wedding you’re photographing a story. If you’re just focused on taking a bunch of pretty pictures of the bride and groom, sorry, but you’re doing it wrong. What we’re tackling in this class is how to properly build an emotional and captivating story using a full arsenal of tools and ideas.
- Before you can talk, you listen. (Understanding that you already know the language, you just didn’t know it)
- Ok so you can walk the walk, but can you talk the talk? (How telling a story starts in camera, on the day) lens choice, establishing shots, cutaways, lighting, dynamics
- Telling a story in a single image
- The cutting room floor (artistically selecting the images for your masterpiece)
- The premier (the power of slideshows)
- The directors cut (the art of the blog post)
- Special edition (where our stories belong – the album) Renee Blake
Workflow & Editing
Workflow & Editing
We’re excited to share with you Eric’s Kickass Workflow™ which is something that he has developed from over 5+ years of photographing hundreds of weddings. Eric’s forged this method from having the need to maximise efficiency when it comes to creating blog posts, submissions, albums and slideshows as well as integrating his more advanced retouching and creative techniques in Photoshop into each client gallery. .
- Take your editing in LR to the next level.
- Do special edits in PS and plugins that will blow your clients socks off.
- Seamlessly match the style of your special edits with the full image collection.
- Properly integrate special edits from photoshop into the full image collection.
- In one foul swoop prepare your images for slideshows, client galleries, submissions, blog posts. You will save hours, if not days! You must see to believe.
- How to create mind blowing slideshows in just a couple of minutes without having to relinquish creative control (like you do with the crappy slideshow apps made in someone’s basement)
- Smash then online client gallery game. Use them the right way and sell a few prints along the way.
- Quickly create a blog post using the right tools.
- Special guest Chris Garbacz from Studio Ninja demonstrates this powerful yet simple to use studio management software and shares a few tips and tricks to impress your clients, maximise profit and increase your income.